I created a twenty fifteen child theme for one of my WordPress sites. The theme looks like the following.
Twenty Fifteen Child Theme Features
This is a Twenty Fifteen child theme so you get all the standard feature of the main twenty fifteen theme:
- It has a right hand sidebar (instead of the left-hand one that comes with the default theme)
- It has a header area (the default 2015 theme doesn’t have a header section)
- It also has a navigation menu in the header area.
- It will allow you to update the basic framework without breaking your design.
- Custom background settings from your dashboard
- Custom header settings from your dashboard
- Multi-level dropdown menu
- WordPress custom menu functions
- Three widgetized areas
- Full width custom page template
- Custom thumbnail setup for categories and archives
- Comments can be enabled on static pages
- Threaded comments
- Simple, clean and light
- Compatible with the latest version of WordPress
Download the Nova 2015 Child Theme
Download the 2015 child theme.
How to Install the Nova Child Theme
- Log in to WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance menu, Themes sub-menu,
- Click Install Themes tab and select Upload option.
- Upload the zip file (2015-child-nova.zip) and activate the theme.