SEO is important to business owners. The main reason SEO is important is without it your site won’t show up in the search engines or if it does, it may be several pages down. You want to be on the top one or two pages for best results.
Here are the best WordPress SEO plugins for your to consider:
1. Robots Meta: This WordPress plugin allows you to choose which blog posts allow a do follow, or no follow. This plugin helps your blog posts to be crawled by the Google spiders. Some WordPress themes set the pages to no follow and finding the code can be difficult. This plugin makes it easy.
2. Google XML Sitemaps: Sitemaps make it easier for your blog readers to find what they’re looking for. This plugin will automatically update your sitemaps with each post you make. This will eliminate the new uploads you’d had to do in the past.
3. Evermore: This WordPress plugin helps prevent Google from seeing duplicate information which will remove it from searches.
4. WP Google Analytics: is an important plugin to use. A simple code will allow you to monitor your blogs traffic. This is something you can’t do easily on a self hosted WordPress blog. You will need a Google Analytics account in order to utilize this plugin.
5. All in One SEO: The All In One SEO Pack makes it simple for you to add your custom title, description, and keywords to every blog post and page which helps with getting your content added to the search engines FAST! You’ll need to do this with every post, but the information is easy to gather as it comes right from the post you made. The Scribe plugin is a great companion to the All In One SEO Pack!
People do keyword searches almost every time they are searching for something. These WordPress SEO plugins make it easier for your blog readers to find you when they do a search. The WordPress plugins listed above are easy to install and use.
Choosing the right website host is the first step to take before setting up a self hosted WordPress Blog. There are a few hosting requirements for hosting a self hosted WordPress blog, and bloggers will want to make sure the website host that they choose meet these requirements.
Database – Believe it or not some website hosting companies do not include databases within their hosting packages. Most PHP scripts, like WordPress, require a database to be installed on a website. Each installation of WordPress will require one database. If you plan to install more than one WordPress blog, or a forum script, then additional databases will also be needed.
Disk Space – Typically the WordPress script and database do not take up too much disk space. The base installation of WordPress requires at least 1.5MB of free disk space. However the disk space is also affected by the amount of content posted on the blog, and how many plugins are installed. Most basic hosting packages include enough disk space to host a single WordPress blog. More disk space should be allocated if more than one WordPress blog, or other scripts, are going to be hosted on the same account.
Bandwidth – Most bandwidth is calculated by how many visitors there are to the website, and the amount of images hosted on the website. Choosing the right amount of bandwidth for any website, not just a WordPress website, would require some knowledge of how much traffic the web master anticipates. Purchasing a website hosting package that leaves room for growth is certainly recommended.
PHP – PHP is the scripting language in which WordPress is written in. Making sure your website host has the latest version of PHP installed will ensure that WordPress is compatible with your website hosting company.
Choosing the best website host for a self hosted WordPress blog does require some research. However through this research you will find that most hosting companies do meet the requirements of hosting a WordPress blog.