The Blue Mist Elegant Theme (used by yours truly) comes automatically showing thumbnails on the home page. Call me weird but I don’t really care for having to post thumbnail images on my home page, so I wanted to remove them from the Blue Mist Theme.
To remove the thumbnail images on the home page of the Blue Mist Elegant Theme:
- First you will want to make sure you back up your theme in case you make any mistakes during the process of removing the thumbnail images.
- Next you will want to open your home.php file via your WordPress Dashboard.
- Find the following
DIVtag and click save.
- Next you will want to cut and paste the following php code to a text file:
- You will then want to paste the ABOVE code directly under the following php code within the home.php file:
- Next you will want to delete the following
DIVtag from the home.php file:
- Lastly go to the stylesheet and edit the
DIV homepost-rightclass to move the home page content more to the left, you will want to change the “float” to say left:
When you are finished editing the home.php file you will want to go follow steps 1-6 within the index.php file.